UT Recycling and Waste reduction was founded as an operational entity within Building Services in 2003. Today, with four full time employees, two full time Americorps members, and a team of student workers, UT Recycling provides quality services to all campus buildings and makes continuing strides to minimize all forms of waste produced on, and removed from campus.
paper, plastic (bags, bottles, etc.), glass, aluminum cans, cardboard, food waste, pallets, electronic waste, and fluorescent and CFL lightbulbs.
expanded polystyrene (Styrofoam), heavily contaminated food containers, aluminum foil
For a more complete list of what UT Recycling and Waste Reduction handles, view the UT Recycling Guide.
What we do
- Provide recycling collection services at all campus buildings
- Provide compost collection services at most campus dining facilities
- Promote simple living and the Zero Waste lifestyle
- Engage UT community through volunteer opportunities & educational programs
- Contribute to the development of sustainable practices and planning