UT Recycling’s goal is to convert the University of Tennessee into a Zero Waste institution by diverting 90% (or more) of all waste from the landfill through reduction, reuse, recycling and composting practices.
Recyclable on UT Campus:
paper, plastic (bags, bottles, etc.), glass, aluminum cans, cardboard, food waste, pallets, electronic waste, and fluorescent and CFL lightbulbs
NOT Recyclable on UT Campus:
expanded polystyrene (Styrofoam), heavily contaminated food containers, aluminum foil
For a more complete list of what UT Recycling and Waste Reduction handles, view the UT Recycling Guide.
What We Do
- Provide recycling collection services at all campus buildings
- Provide compost collection services at most campus dining facilities
- Promote simple living and the Zero Waste lifestyle
- Engage UT community through volunteer opportunities & educational programs
- Contribute to the development of sustainable practices and planning