UT Recycling was established as a part of the University of Tennessee’s Facilities Services Department in 2003, and is designed for effective waste diversion operations and maximum campus participation.
Diligent efforts are made to provide well-organized collection services, sustainable choices for materials management, and educational programs that are responsive to the needs of UT students, faculty, staff members and surrounding areas. UT Recycling works with departments, organizations, and individuals to educate the community on the importance of waste reduction, and to encourage participation in environmental stewardship and UT Zero Waste initiatives.
What We Do
- Provide recycling collection services at all campus buildings
- Provide compost collection services at most campus dining facilities
- Promote simple living and the Zero Waste lifestyle
- Engage UT community through volunteer opportunities & educational programs
- Contribute to the development of sustainable practices and planning