Small batteries, printer cartridges, and small electronics can be mailed to us for recycling via UT Mail Services or brought to the Public Recycling Drop Off outside dock 24 at 2121 Stephenson Drive.
How it Works
- Items must be placed in a UT campus mail envelope. The only exception is for toner cartridges (see below).
- Address the envelope or original toner cartridge box to “Recycling.”
- Please only mail non-leaking batteries or printer cartridges.
- Please mail batteries, printer cartridges, and electronics separately from one another.
- When mailing batteries, only include batteries in the envelope. Do not send with printer cartridges or electronics in the same envelope.
- If batteries are rechargeable, please cover the positive and negative ends with tape.
- Batteries must be able to fit in a campus mail envelope.
- Take larger batteries to the Public Recycling Drop Off outside dock 25 of the Facilities Warehouse at 2121 Stephenson Drive, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 974-3480 to request a pickup.
- Toner Cartridges should stay in their original box. Drop it off at your department’s Campus Mail pickup location.
- Printer cartridges must be mailed separately. Do not send batteries or electronics in the same box.
- Electronics must be able to fit in a campus mail envelope.
- When sending, please write “Recycling” as the recipient.
- Examples: broken mice, iPods, hard drives, CDs.
- Do not include batteries or printer cartridges with these or other electronic items. Batteries and printer cartridges must be mailed separately.
- Take larger electronics to the Public Recycling Drop Off outside dock 25 of the Facilities Warehouse at 2121 Stephenson Drive or e-mail email@example.com or call 974-3480 to request a pickup.